TERMS & CONDITIONS
CAKE DESIGN & ALTERATIONS
- Every effort will be made by Bindweed Bakery to fulfil your expectations. However, due to the subjectivity or the work and the fact that items are handmade, there maybe some slight variations from pictures shown or supplied /design requested.
- There are some structural limitations when using cake or sugar paste as a sculpting medium, therefore Bindweed Bakery will need to make certain decisions during the manufacturing process that may affect the style of decoration, proportion or structure of the cake.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the design of the cake if circumstances beyond our control could compromise the quality of the finished cake (such as melting due to hot weather etc)
- If requested, we will do our best to alter a design wherever possible, but at times this may either be problematic or impossible due to the nature of the request or the amount of notice given.
- If alterations affects the cost, or preparation work has already been undertaken, then your balance will be adjusted accordingly.
- Please advise us when you pay your deposit if you are undecided on your final design.
ALLERGY ADVICE / SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
- Please discuss with us if you or any of your guests have any special dietary requirements.
- Whilst we have created a range of cakes that contain no gluten containing ingredients, and are more than happy to avoid the use of eggs, dairy, nuts or sugars etc when requested, it is our policy to ask you to note that we do not have dedicated kitchen space or utensils to cater for special dietary requirements, and therefore cannot guarantee that they will be 100% free from any cross contamination. We do of course however always endeavour to ensure that utmost care is taken so that any possible cross contamination will be kept to a minimum.
FIGURINES & TOPPERS
- Every measure is taken to ensure that your figurines and toppers are made to the highest standard: however they are made from icing and as a result can be fragile. We are happy to provide care instructions for your figurines and toppers, and if cared for properly they will last for years.
- We dry and then package our figurines and toppers very carefully to try to ensure that they arrive with you safely, however we will not accept any liability for breakages resulting from rough handling from couriers or Royal Mail. Figurines and toppers can be insured at your request, but please note that this option will incur higher postal charges.
NON EDIBLE ITEMS
- Most decorated cakes contain some non edible items such as supporting dowels in tiered cakes, ribbons, flower picks, flower tape, crystal embellishments, wires in sugar flowers etc. It is your responsibility to ensure that these items are removed before consumption.
- Please note that while they are technically edible, figurines and toppers will also often have internal supports hidden within them. You will need to remove these before toppers and figurines can be safely consumed.
- Some flowers and foliage are poisonous and are not suitable for use on cake and other related food products, It is your responsibility to notify your flower supplier if you intend to use fresh flowers on your cake to ensure that non - poisonous flowers are used.
Our portion guide is intended as an approximate guide only. Exact portions served by each cake are dependant upon how it is cut.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS
- Any quotes given are valid for one month only.
- Before we can start working on your cake we require a 50% non refundable deposit.
- Your order is not confirmed until we have received your deposit and you have returned your signed cake contract to us.
- If we do not receive your contract and deposit within 5 working days your date may become unavailable
- Deposit payment may be made by Direct Deposit, cash, cheque or Paypal
- Online orders can currently only be paid for with Paypal
- The remainder of the balance will need to be received before the cake is released.
- For cakes valued at £150 or above, the final payment is to reach us no later than 7 days before collection/delivery. It is your responsibility to remember to send this payment as reminder invoices may not be issued.
- For cakes under the value of £150 the final payment can be made on the day of collection/delivery.
- Cheque payments are not suitable for final payments, we advise the use of cash, same day bank transfer or Paypal.
CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT
- In the event of you cancelling your order we reserve the right to retain your 50% non refundable deposit.
- if cancellation occurs less than 7 days before the event we reserve the right to seek up to 100% of the order value as work may have already commenced on your cake,
- Cancellation must be made in writing (by letter or email) to Bindweed Bakery, and cancellation will only be deemed to have taken place from the date that your letter/email is received at our premises.
- If you postpone the event we will endeavour to transfer your order providing the date is suitable for ourselves, otherwise it shall be treated as a cancellation (see above)
- Bindweed Bakery retains the right to cancel any bookings due to ill health, fire, flood etc or any other unusual circumstances beyond our control. In such an instance we will refund any monies already taken in full, but not be liable to provide you with any other form of compensation.
DELIVERY & COLLECTIONS
- Delivery charges are calculated on a mileage and time basis. If you require delivery it is always our intention to deliver your cake in perfect condition, prior to the start of you event. Please be aware that we cannot be held liable for factors beyond our control such as traffic delays etc.
- We advise that wherever possible that cakes be delivered on the day preceding the event.
- It is your responsibility to advise us of the correct event time and venue address and postal code.
- In the unlikely event of the cake being delivered late, the maximum compensation that you will receive is the delivery price
- If you choose to collect the cake we will not be held liable for any damage to the cake once it has left our premises.
- Tiered cakes are at most risk during transport.
STORAGE & BEST BEFORE DATES
- Your cake is baked to ensure that it is fresh for the date of your event. We cannot guarantee its quality if it is consumed more than 48 hours after the event.
- Our cakes are made from natural ingredients so therefore they will not have the extended shelf life of most supermarket cakes which contain preservatives and additives to prolong their lives.
- Freezing the cake will preserve the taste and icing/sugar paste as much as is feasibly possible, however please be aware that the appearance of the icing/sugar paste may be affected due to condensation as the cake defrosts.
- It is recommended that cakes only be frozen for a maximum of 3 months.
- Unless advised by us to do so, please do not keep your sugar paste covered cake in the refrigerator
- NEVER keep your figurine or topper in the refrigerator.
- If you have any concerns about your cake or figurine/topper, please notify us upon collection/delivery so we have the opportunity to rectify your issue in time for your event.
- If you have any concerns about one of our items that you have received through the post then please contact us as soon as possible,
- Any other concerns should be made in writing and evidence of the fault (preferably photographic) should be included.
- In order for a full refund to be granted Bindweed Bakery requests that the cake in question be returned for inspection.
- Partial refunds are at our discretion.